A three-year program that is ideal for students who want to study international Business in France with classes taught in English. The Bachelor in international Business is designed for students who are eager to stand up to the challenges of global business landscape, have the ambition to make a serious impact in shaping our society. With an equal mix of theoretical and applied courses, our Bachelor in international Business provides students with a solid understanding of the international business environment. Students will acquire all must-have competencies in management and will develop all professional knowledge, culture and skills needed to enter the european employment market. .
Students will have the huge advantage of studying with international and French students (around 35 nationalities studying in the program), and therefore are in complete immersion to understand different cultures.
Study in France
Bachelor in International Business
- To provide graduates with the necessary skills and knowledge so that they can make an effective contribution to an organization in the capacity of junior manager.
- To develop students’ critical appreciation of the role of managers in a global context with a focus on a chosen geographical location (Asia, Europe, America, Middle East, Africa) and an industry sector.
- To prepare and support students to plan and pursue their own continuing professional development
- To equip students with analytical and evaluative skills, i.e. develop students’ understanding, judgement, and problem-solving skills with an ability to communicate to a broad public.
- To enhance students’ appreciation of multi-cultural environment and Business culture abroad.
- Develop students French Language skills to help with recruitment during and after studies
Objectives 1st Year – International Business Foudation
- Discover and learn the fundamentals of management and business by discovering a wide variety of domains including the fundamentals of marketing, accounting,
- Spend a minimum of two months as a volunteer or work for a humanitarian or social mission, in France or abroad, in an association or an NGO, to discover the diversity of individuals with the SoliCity mission
- Develop students’ business communications skills
Objectives 2nd Year – Learning by immersion
- Further develop skills and knowledge in management with classes in Human Resources Management, Economic Development and International Relations and Ethical Dimensions of International Business.
- Gain work experience through a 2-month internship in either France or abroad
Opportunity for students to further their international experience with the possibility of students to spend one semester abroad at one of our partner university
Objectives 3rd Year
- Provide students with a good understanding of international business with classes in Cross Cultural Management, Entrepreneurship and Business Models, Doing Business Abroad and International Business Negotiation.
- Provide insight into business practices in different geographical locations.
- Continue to gain work experience with a 4-month internship in France or abroad
- Guide students in their professional development to help prepare them for the work environment or to continue their studies.
ZOOM ON SOLICITY :
Esdes requires that all students undertake a 2-month minimum engagement in a humanitarian, social and civic mission which is mandatory.
During these two months in contact with less privileged populations, near us or in developing countries, students will have the opportunity to overcome their prejudices and demonstrate their commitment.
- Ideal for international students who want to study international business in France and wish to follow a program taught in English. Students will develop their French Language skills during the program.
- A truly international program where students will gain a cultural appreciation by working with peers from different nationalities.
- A balanced mix of academic and professional learning experiences
- One semester abroad possible (2nd year) in our partner universities
- A focus on business practices in four geographical areas
- A focus in an industry sector of your choice : Wine & Gastronomy, Social Business, Luxury, Non for Profit…
The Bachelor in International Business is designed to meet the recruitment needs of companies:
- The personal & career development program, combined with corporate experiences (company visits, consultancy project and internships), helps students succeed in finding a job in France or abroad
- Students can continue their studies in the Master’s programs (subject to conditions of admission) which allows students to specialize even further in a two-year period
- Social Media Manager
- Area Manager
- Brand Manager
- Sales Manager – Job description
- Marketing Project Manager – Job description
- Business Developer – Job description
- Digital Marketing Manager
The program alumni work today at Bayer, Walt Disney Company? LCL in France, in Europe, in the US or back in their home country.
ESDES Lyon business School has signed a partnership agreement with the Faculty of Business and Economics, University of Pècs (Hungary). This agreement allows ESDES students to study for one year at Pècs, and obtain a double degree: the ESDES Bachelor in Business (Visé, AACSB accredited) and the Pècs Bachelor (EFMD accredited).
The Bachelor’s degree is certified by the RNCP (French National Repertory of Professional Certifications) level 6.
The Bachelor in International Business leads to a diploma approved by the Minister of Higher Education and Research and given the grade of licence.
Esdes Business School is AACSB accredited, its master in management program is part of the Best master in management ranking by the Financial Times
It allows to pursue studies in master cycle.
A three-year program focused on building and developing the fundamentals of business and management within an global world. The program is structured to allow a triple focus:
geographical, function or industry sector.
The educational progression of the program, based on professional, social, cultural and international experiences, allows the student to personalize their career path, to quickly gain autonomy and professionalization whilst integrating the core values of the school.
|Societal and Environmental Issues||32||3|
|Principles of Accounting||32||3|
|Entrepreneurial Process and Creativity||32||3|
|Fundamentals of Marketing||32||3|
|Information technology 1||32||3|
|Environments: Cultural, Political and Legal||32||3|
|French Language // Chinese Language||30||3|
|Electives (Students must choose one from the catalog)||18||2|
|PEPs (Personal and Career Development)||8||2|
|Geopolitics and Media Analysis||32||3|
|Organization and Innovation||32||3|
|Interculturality ans Sociological Inquiry||32||3|
|French Language // Chinese language||30||3|
|Electives (students must choose one from the catalog)||20||2|
|Human Resources Management||32||3|
|Principles of Economics||32||3|
|Economic Development and International Relations||30||3|
|France in 21st Century||30||3|
|Inforamtion Technology 2||18||2|
|French language //Chinese Language||30||3|
|Electives (Students must choose one from the catalog)||18||2|
|Project Management (International Days)||6||2|
|European Union, Economic & Legal Environment||32||3|
|The Social Impact of Globalization and Innovation||32||3|
|Building Digital Competences||32||3|
|Ethical Dimensions of International Business||32||3|
|French language // Chinese Language||30||3|
|PEPs (Personal and Career Development)||8||1|
|Project Management (International Days)||10||2|
|SoliCity ( 2 months)||150||3|
SEMESTER 5 & 6
|Big data & Business Analysis||18||2|
|Strategic Sales Planning||18||2|
|Building Customer Relations||18||2|
|International Business Negotiation||18||2|
|Communication & Digital Marketing||18||2|
|Omni Channel Distribution Strategy||18||2|
|Doing Business Abroad – Workshop||19||2|
|Doing Business Abroad – Conferences||8||–|
|Entrepreneurship & Business model||36||4|
|Ethics & Social Reponsabilities||18||2|
|Leadership & Team Management||18||2|
|Cross Cultural Management||18||2|
|French or Chinese Language (2 semesters)||60||6|
|Class elective semester 1||18||2|
|Effective PR Campaigns / International trade techniques|
|Class elective semester 2||18||2|
|Website design / International Distribution & Operations management|
The candidate must:
- currently be finishing or have already completed their second year of a bachelor degree (equivalent to 120 ECTS)
- have at least a B2 level of English: 550 (TOEFL), 5.5 (IELTS) , 785 (TOIEC) or 60-74 (EasySPEAKing) exam
After receiving the application, including supporting documents, the admissions board will review the complete file. Eligible candidates will then be invited for a personal interview by Skype or Teams.
After the interview, the final admission results will be communicated by email.
Applications are evaluated as follows:
Students can join in 1st year and follow two-years within English Track. Once they validated 120 ECTS credits, they can enter the Global Business Development specialization.
The candidate must:
- hold a recognized high school diploma or end of secondary school certificate (Baccalaureate, A levels…)
- be in good academic standing
- have at least a B2 level of English: 550 (TOEFL), 5.5 (IELTS), 785 (TOIEC) or 60-74 (EasySPEAKing) exam
APPLICATION: SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS, 1ST YEAR
- A copy of the student’s passport
- Curriculum Vitae in English
- Cover letter in English
- Official copies of secondary education transcripts in English or French
- Official copies of high school diploma or end of secondary school certificate
- Official English test results (TOEIC, BULATS, TOEFL, IELTS, CAMBRIDGE, EasySPEAKing*) except for native English speakers (English as mother tongue) or candidates who have studied at least two years in a program taught in English (the candidate will have to provide supporting documents)
- Optional: one recommendation letter from a professor or business professional
- Application fee: 50 euros (non-refundable)
*Easy Speaking: realize this official English exam with ESDES. If you wish to pass this test, (50€ fees), please inform us in your application form.
ADDITIONAL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS, 3RD YEAR
- Official university transcripts, indicating grades and the number of credits achieved
- One recommendation letter from a professor. (Please ensure that all recommendation letters are printed on letter headed paper, and are signed and dated)
- One recommendation letter from a business professional. (Please ensure that all recommendation letters are printed on letter headed paper, and are signed and dated)
Fees per year* : €8.330 E.U. and €9.330 non E.U.
* 2022-2023 rates
Early bird: international students from outside the EU, applicants for the 2022 start of the school year – annual preferential rate of 10% applicable subject to receipt of the completed registration file and registration fees paid before February 28, 2022.
Flywire, powerful global payment network
Esdes Business School has partnered with Flywire to accept payments from international students worldwide.
You can easily pay your tuition and fees online: Flywire provides a secure global payment network that simplifies paying your fees from your home country and countries around the world.
Payment options can include bank transfers, credit cards, e-wallets and more, typically in your home currency for most countries.
Available for non E.U international students : Discover more
A question about this process? Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have a question about ESDES? Contact us!
The international admissions team will answer you as soon as possible
Benefits of this course
Ideal for students who want to study business in France and wish to follow a program taught in English
A balanced mix of academic and professional learning experiences
A focus on an industry sector of your choice
Students and companies trusting the Bachelor in International Business
I joined Esdes Lyon Business School in 2018 by enrolling in the Bachelor in International Business.
Thus, after completing my degree in 2021, I can confirm that program content acquainted me with necessary analytical knowledge and skills needed in the very volatile business environment, by putting stress on how much culture differences can impact decision-making within a company and how business can expand cross border.
Another key point is that the program is covered by very qualified Professors and the dedicated course Coordinator who is very supportive and always willing to improve students’ experience.
At Lyon Catholic University and Esdes respectively, this is the only program that have multi-cultural class with students from different part of the globe. I can proudly say that after 3 years of study I have made at least one friend in each continent.
At Andros Asia we are looking for the leaders and managers of tomorrow. We are building business and teams are very young but it’s not an issue because we chose good profiles, especially with an experience of studies overseas. It usually makes the difference.
That’s why we decided to send some students we have selected into the Bachelor and Master Program of ESDES, in partnership with the University of Economics and Law in HCMC.
The program provide necessary skills and knowledge for sure but the global context and multicultural environment are the keys! Because it brings to them the values and the mindset of leadership that we need in international companies like Andros in Vietnam. We are looking for people who can transform the company and able to bring value, creating new jobs and fulfill new scopes of work.
Studying in france during 1 to 3 years is also the opportunity for us to build a real program for the student: we call it the Young Talent Program: the company pay a part of the tuition fees and build a program of internship at headquarter in France .
And we are very satisfied because it makes very talented profiles, flexible and open towards the world, fast execution with ability to integrate teams in Vietnam immediately after studies with a real mission and tasks.