MSc Circular Economy and Sustainable Innovation
Msc Circular Economy and Sustainable innovation
The MSc, Master of Science Circular Economy & Sustainable innovation aims to train professionals in the circular economy. They will be capable of defining a strategy for transforming the business model of a company or an organization by proposing innovative and sustainable solutions, in accordance with the concepts and challenges of the circular economy. Students will develop the necessary skills to be successful in top career positions (such as CE consultant, CE project manager, etc.).
A RESPONSIBLE AND ENGAGED SCHOOL
For the past 30 years, ESDES have been preparing students and professionals, through education and research, to create sustainable value, in order to create a responsible economy in a globalized and digital world. With this commitment, ESDES contributes to the emergence of a responsible economy driven by its employees, partners, alumni and students.
- Develop an innovative circular economy strategy
- Implement a circularization strategy
- Evaluate performance, societal and environmental impacts
- Initiate and support change
- Mobilize and develop specialized skills in circular economy
- Circular Economy Manager – Job description
- Circular Economy & Sustainability Consultant – Job description
- Sustainable Transition Manager – Job description
- Environmental Specialist in a Consulting Company
- Sustainability Specialist in Product Development
Degree: Master of Science
On campus core classes and electives within a multicultural environement: the overall program is worth 90 ECTS
Duration: 13 months – beginning every september
Why enroll for the Circular Economy and Sustainability Strategies program?
The overexploitation of natural resources required to achieve economic growth has negatively impacted the environment and adversely affected their availability and cost. So, it is easy to see why the idea of a circular economy, which offers new ways to create a more sustainable economic growth model, is taking hold across the globe.
This program is designed to help you understand the growing businesses cases for sustainable solutions and learn how to manage and grow a sustainable business.
Voir cette publication sur Instagram
Lyon, European and biodiversity Capital
Elected French Capital of Biodiversity in 2019, the city is committed to protect its fauna and flora, to the delight of its visitors. France’s second largest urban area has managed to climb to the 4th place in the ranking, thanks to the development of the Green Spaces policies. As a part of the implementation of soft mobility, the city of Lyon is launching projects for the public highway in order to facilitate the road sharing between different types of transports, but also to protect cyclists and pedestrians.
Preparing students for the jobs of tomorrow
The transition towards a circular economy means restructuring economic models in order to meet the challenges of resources and environmental preservation. With the European Green Deal, nearly 700,000 local, sustainable and non-relocatable jobs will be created around eco-design, the economy of functionality, waste prevention and recycling, …
With a 13-months period (including 4 of internships), the new MSc was built in collaboration with the main stakeholders of the circular economy. Accessible with a Master 1, the program, 100% in English, will allow students to acquire the skills to implement and evaluate the circularization strategy with regard to societal and environmental impacts, to support performance and change remediation. The teachings will leave a large part to real experience, to intervene with business managers that initiated the creation of the program and to the expertise of our research professors in order to train our students on tomorrow’s professions: Sustainable procurement manager, circular economy Manager, functionality economy consultant, sustainable transition manager…
Students will develop skills and specific competencies to manage activities required in the career opportunities :
- Development of a business model, a development plan and corporate culture, taking into account the transition to the circular economy,
- Design of integrated and innovative solutions for services and goods for all stakeholders (including customers) by adapting material resources and developing the company’s intangible resources (employee skills, trust, occupational health, organizational relevance);
- Developing cooperation between stakeholders of the product/service value chain around the company project, including through the implementation of employees and stakeholders development,
- Leading a complete internal and/or external project team involving all functions to design a proposal based on the circular economy;
- Participation in the creation of value for all stakeholders,
- Setting up KPis for the company’s activities, particularly cooperation within the sector, and performance indicators based on the satisfaction of customer needs, on environmental and social impacts and on territorial, environmental and social impacts,
- Benchmarking of new sustainable business models.
- Study business in France and follow a program taught in English, within a multicultural context,
- Learn with a balanced mix of academic and professional experiences,
- Acquire a solid and lasting foundation for the progression of your career,
- Develop your managerial skills and reveal your leadership potential,
- Become an expert in a high potential field and highly innovative activity, in 13 months.
The candidate must:
• be finishing or have already completed a four year
degree (equivalent to 240 ECTS) in France or abroad ;
BBA or M1 in the fields of Engineering, Management,
Humanities and Social Sciences, etc.
• have at least a B2 level in English (5.5 IELTS]
Applications will be received once all documents are submitted.
Applicants will also be invited to a personal interview online and
in English, as part of admission process.
Applications are evaluated as follows:
|Admission for the MSc’s degree||Weighting|
|Personal Interview in English||7|
Native English speakers or candidates who have been studying in English for at least two years will be exempt from the English requirement. In this case, applications are evaluated as follows:
|Admission for Master’s degree||Weighting|
|Personal interview in English||10|
Documents required for your application:
- Application file
- photocopy of identity document ;
- CV + cover letter ;
- photocopy of the baccalaureate or equivalent;
- any post-baccalaureate diplomas already obtained;
- all transcripts of grades obtained during the years of higher education;
- proof of English level B2 or English-speaking student or 2 years of courses 100% in English;
- application fee.
€12.400 E.U. / €13.900 non E.U.
* 2022-2023 rates
FLYWIRE, POWERFUL GLOBAL PAYMENT NETWORK
Esdes Business School has partnered with Flywire to accept payments from international students worldwide.
You can easily pay your tuition and fees online: Flywire provides a secure global payment network that simplifies paying your fees from your home country and countries around the world.
Payment options can include bank transfers, credit cards, e-wallets and more, typically in your home currency for most countries.
Available for non E.U international students : Discover more
Scholarship avalaible : click here to get a scholarship
Circle Economy at a glance
The number of jobs that will be created with the application of measures in favor of the circular economy in Europe
Source : OECD
The increase in sustainability-linked transactions in 2021 compared to 2020
Source : Bloomberg
The percentage of the population in Asia who accept the prospect of paying a higher price for green products
Source : Grey Global Group
Wastes are a business on any markets where there are still wastes. Intern in a shop specialized in swimming pool materials, I just realized the opportunity to reuse, remake and renew the full range of swimming pool robots and motorized tools. We created L Local Piscine in 2020, with over 200% of growth we are convinced that the second-hand market will emerge as a natural way to equip personal pools. Circular economy is the key on both economic and ecological issues.
I co-created Faume in 2020, allowing big fashion brands that we all love to propose a “second-hand” service. Faume takes care of all the operational complexity of the refurbishing supply chain in order to give brands the possibility to communicate on their offer. In one year, more than 20 brands have joined us. By 2022, the company will accelerate its international development. For us, the circular economy is a pillar of green growth.
To continue on the path of sustainable innovation, we will need to rely on qualified resources and we are convinced that future ESDES graduates will be able to contribute to our development.
Gattefossé makes 75% of its turnover from exports (in 80 countries through 12 affiliates and 50 distributors). The company is involved a lot in sustainable innovation. Its roadmap concerning social responsibility relies on 3 pillars :
- Preserving our environment
- Taking care of our collaborators
- Acting as a global citizen
Its commitment has been recognized through the certificate ISO 14001 and is awarded the Platinum level by Ecovadis for its exemplarity in terms of CSR.
Montabert has been committed for several years now in a circular economy scheme, such as the creation of an internal department for the “remanufacturing” of its own products, in Lyon and for Montabert in the United States. The MSc Circular Economy and Sustainable innovation will allow our teams to consolidate their achievements but also to widen their knowledge.
From my point of view, as a HR Manager, it’s a great advantage to hire candidates with this additional education, given our new ecological and economic stakes.
The principles of circular economy, ecological and energetic transition are part of our company’s DNA, true pillars of our CSR policy, at the heart of our strategy. Also, our entrepreneurial project of responsible growth and our field of actions seems to be in perfect adequacy with the MSc program proposed by ESDES.
All companies are concerned by these sustainability challenges that have been imposed, sometimes with strong standards and regulatory requirements. In fact, they will all inevitably be led to seek expert talents on these topics, probably leading to high employability of profiles from this training.