You are here : en / Student life & services / International student support / Visa and residence permit

Visa and residence permit (OFII):

You are a citizen of the European Union, the European Economic Area, the Swiss Confederation,
Monaco or Andorra: no formalities are necessary. A valid identity card or passport is sufficient proof.
For other nationalities, a passport is required to enter the national territory. Before the departure, make sure that your passport is valid until 6 months after the end of your stay.
Contact the French Embassy in your country.

Campus France

Students who reside in one of the countries listed below are concerned by the "Studying in France" procedure. In addition to the ESDES admissions process, students must also make a specific request for enrolment with Campus France through the online platform by clicking HERE
This procedure is mandatory in the following countries and regions : Algeria, Argentina, Benin, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Côte d'Ivoire, Egypt, Gabon, Guinea, Haiti, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Morocco, Peru, Russia, Senegal, Singapore, South Korea, Syria, Taiwan, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, United States, Vietnam.

The acceptance of a student is contingent upon the fact that your application with Campus France and /or the French embassy/consulate is accepted.

Apply for a visa

If you live in an EU country but are not a citizen of any EU country, you will have to apply for a student visa at the French embassy/consulate in the country in which you reside. If the CEF (Campus France) procedure is used in your country of origin, you do not have to return there in order to apply for admission to a French institution of higher education.
You should begin your request for a visa as soon as you have received your acceptance package (Certificate of Enrolment, Acceptance Letter), as in some countries there are long waiting lists in order to obtain an appointment. However, it is advised to not get an appointment with an embassy earlier than 3 months before your arrival in France. ESDES does not accept late arrivals; if you do not obtain your visa on time, your enrolment will be delayed until the following semester. (If your visa request is denied, please note that ESDES cannot influence visa procedure).

OFII procedure

Along with your visa, you might receive a document named “VISA LONG SÉJOUR – DEMANDE DE D’ATTESTATION OFII”. It is really important for you to take this form with you because then you will have to validate your visa in France. Normally, before your visa is validated you cannot leave France. The University Collaborates with OFII, so we do help students with the visa validation. The international student support team will help you to fill in the form upon arrival.

Renewal of residence permit

The University will assist you with visa renewal during your studies at ESDES.
If you need to renew your visa, you’ll need to make an appointment with the University’s International Relations Office within the last 2 months before the expiration of your visa. We will provide you with a list of supporting documents prior to your appointment. Once your application file has been validated by our team, you will be given a personal appointment at the Préfecture du Rhône to renew your residence permit.

If you need any more information regarding visa applications or renewals, please contact: Haike MARECHAL